: a period of want or need saving for a rainy day.
What is a rainy day paragraph?
A rainy day is the bearer of good weather with refrigerating breeze and rain showers. It refreshes everyone by making the climate cool and delightsome and brings in a sigh of relief from the scorching heat. Rainy day gives us relief from the usually hot and humid climate.
What is the meaning of raining day?
A time of need or trouble, as in We knew a rainy day would come sooner or later. This idiom is often used in the context of save for a rainy day, which means to put something aside for a future time of need. [ Late 1500s]
What is the meaning of rains of?
(Entry 1 of 2) : water that falls in drops from clouds in the sky. : weather in which there is a lot of rain : rainy weather. : large amounts of rain that fall at a particular time of year.
How do you use rainy day in a sentence?
- Save money against a rainy day.
- Live within your means and save for a rainy day.
- It’s a rainy day today.
- Keep something for a rainy day.
- The most beautiful is not the rainy day,but with you avoid the rain eaves.
- We should save money against a rainy day.
How do you enjoy rainy day?
- Go on a rainy day walk. Put those rain boots to good use and head out for a walk in the rain. …
- Measure the rain. …
- Make rain art. …
- Sing in the rain. …
- Go ahead and get wet. …
- Play in the mud. …
- Stay inside and make a fort. …
- Read about rain.
What’s another word for rainy day?
|storm cloud||rain cloud|
|dark cloud||hard times|
Why rain is so important?
Rain and snow are key elements in the Earth’s water cycle, which is vital to all life on Earth. Rainfall is the main way that the water in the skies comes down to Earth, where it fills our lakes and rivers, recharges the underground aquifers, and provides drinks to plants and animals.
How do you write a rainy day paragraph?
Short Paragraph on Rainy Day (100 words)
It is a sight to see the trees and plants drenched in rain appearing greener and brighter. The clouds in the sky overcast the sun and give relief from the scorching heat on a rainy day. The weather on this day is extremely pleasant and such weather works wonders on our senses.
How do you write a good paragraph?
- Make the first sentence of your topic sentence. …
- Provide support via the middle sentences. …
- Make your last sentence a conclusion or transition. …
- Know when to start a new paragraph. …
- Use transition words.
What does the rain mean spiritually?
Rain symbolism represents cleansing, calmness, growth and fertility, and even rebirth. It’s also a favorite symbol for moviemakers and literature writers who use rain as a symbol of foreshadowing.
What is rain in a sentence?
Rain sentence example. The meat was meant for outdoor grilling, but the rain kept us inside. The day dawned cloudy and cold with a light rain that chilled her after ten minutes. The rain was over, but drops were still falling from the trees.
What is rain an example of?
Some examples of precipitation are rain, hail, sleet, and snow. Condensation is when cool air turns water vapor back into liquid and makes clouds.
What is save for rainy day?
To save something for a rainy day means to set aside an asset with the idea of using it sometime in the future when it is needed. Usually, the asset being referred to is money. A person may say that he is saving something for a rainy day when he adds money to his savings account.
Which is correct on a rainy day or in a rainy day?
“ ON A RAINY DAY OR IN A RAINY DAY ? ” : The Phrase in Use in Standard English is : For A Rainy Day . Other Phrases In Use Are : Be As Right As Rain ; It Never Rains But It Pours ; Rain Cats And Dogs ; Rain On Someone’s Parade ; Rain Or Shine , etc .
How do you use danger in a sentence?
- She knew what danger she was in. …
- Then a strange, fearful sense of danger terrified me. …
- When your country is in danger , you should forget your own safety. …
- More than likely Alex didn’t want to hear any more about danger , though. …
- She released the breath she held, the danger averted.